Thursday, December 20, 2007

Happenings

I know its been a few days since my last report, but Christmas season is upon us and boy am I busy!
I'll try and make this a shorter entry because I know that longer entries aren't as enjoyable and they're harder to read.

Yesterday was Cobra and I's big picture day. Around 12ish, the photographer (she was the one who mentioned to the reporter about us!) came and she started posing around us and getting different shots. Then she told me to go about my business and I walked around the store pretending to do something (I was clocked out, so I didn't really want to do anything productive :). About 10 minutes later, the reporter came (She is a freelance writer. I should've mentioned that. Don't know if it matters, but oh well :) and she wanted to speak to the manager who then shared his experience about how wonderful it was having him at the store.
Then the real fun began. The photographer starting video taping me! Julie (the writer) Asked me questions that I already answered for the sake of being on videotape. It was kind of strange. I talked into the camera because I didn't know what else to do, but it felt really strange.
I was more nervous during the whole 50 second videotaping than I was during everything else! I mean, this is live stuff! Not something that was written in a paper. They said they would cut and edit it and make it available for the public, online. Yikes!
Cobra took all this in with great mannerisms...............he fell asleep! That's just like him. He curled up in a ball and went night-night. He didn't do that the whole time, but we was very tired and sleepy that day, so he thought it was time.
But really, I had a good time and glad I could educate people in my area about KSDS.

Today I was supposed to work 9 hours, but am staying home because I caught something really nasty. Its not the flu, but it just might as well be! I feel achy, I have a sore throat, I had a fever for a bit, and I have a runny nose.
Icky day for me today.

Can everyone believe that its only 5 more days till Christmas! And I have 1 more gift to get and I have not a clue what or where to get it. Oh dear :(

3 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

Ooooh, How exciting. I can't wait to see it!!! WOW, a video. That would be nervewracking!! I'm sure you were FABULOUS!!

Some of my favorite pictures are of Runza at work. On his last day, I went around and got a pic of him with every one of my coworkers. :) Of course, I have a camera at work for those fun times. I don't know how you would do that at a retail store though.

I think it's so neat they interviewed your boss to about Cobra. YAY! I can't wait to read it - did I mention that yet?

Kimberly and Rufus said...

Sounds like the interview went well. Hope you feel better in time for Christmas. Being sick is not fun.

Mosier 'n Me said...

Get better soon! :)