So for those of you wondering, yes, I am still going to get a Greyhound, but chose to wait until I moved before actually getting one. It's easier on the dog, me, and the other dogs.
Also, I told most of you that I was going to co-own a Neapolitan Mastiff. I still am, but the breeding didn't take and my breeder won't try until late 2009 sometime. So.........I decided to go ahead with my other "dream" dog, a Greyhound.
I met with the wonderful volunteers at Heartland Greyhound Adoption and also met my dream dog, a 4 year old, white and brindle boy. When I saw him, oh how I wanted to take him home right away! He was soo sweet (but aren't they all) and focused. I want to teach him agility and his foster mom said he would be perfect for that! He loves to play with toys, loves treats, loves cats, what more could you want!?
The more I learned about him, the more I wanted him, but I met him almost 5 weeks ago and the possibility of him being around until now, was slim. But I took my chances and sure enough, when I contacted them, he was still available!
As of right now, I am in the planning stages of meeting with some volunteers, to pick him up, when they make a run over to the nearest track to pick up more.
I want it to be this Friday, but I don't think that will happen. Maybe next Friday or somewhere in between. It all depends on them and if they can pick up dogs that soon there or not.
Either way, I hope to have him by the end of the month, for sure!!!