Saturday, June 01, 2013

Here It Goes! *Please Read*


Now that the formalities are out of the way, Let's begin at the beginning....No, not that far! Just a couple of weeks.


So on Tuesday, the  21st of May, I headed from Northern Iowa down to Kansas City, Kansas.  I left at 11:30 A.M. and it takes roughly 5 hours to get there so a little after 5 was my ETA.
When I came to visit, I had essentials in the van. Luggage, stroller, foldable crib, etc.. things that would make the trip, and stay, comfortable. When I left, I had every family member, and I mean EVERYONE, give me baby things to take home. At first I was all for it! Who wants to buy everything when you can get some for free! Yet when the time came to leave, you had no idea what was in the van!
4 pieces of luggage
1 folding crib
1 Bumbo
1 travel swing
1 stroller
1 small container of toys
1 carseat
1 baby lol!

When I left add these things to the list:
1 snowblower (free is free! and we needed it for the winter)
1 crib (that was decently flat)
1 crib mattress
1 4ftx6ft picture (it looks good in my bathroom)
1 plug in, small vacuum cleaner
1 pushing car (kids ride in it and you push them)
1 small slide for toddlers
1 attachable bike chair
1 outdoor swing
2 totes of random things and clothes
2 boxes of baby clothes, bottles, bedding etc.
1 box of toys
1 baby walker
a few sacks of random things for travel

Now for the pics:

View from behind drivers seat


So....That's what Ava and I (and Mr. Lover) drove all the way to AZ


Our first 5 hours of driving went perfect! Ava slept and then I pulled over to feed her which only took 20 min. We headed into Kansas City area and boy, did it confirm my likes of country living. I hate traffic not because Im scared of it, but because everyone truly annoys me! Seems like brains shut off during rush hour traffic! Better to put me in an area filled with cows and horses and no one around for miles.

I met Lisa  ( who had no Merlot or Clara with her this time, I think she needed a break lol!) and Miriam (She raised KSDS Mosier, but her blog is a bit inactive at the moment) at one of the local Applebees. Sidenote: So good to meet up with you guys!
After our dinner, I FINALLY met Romeo. It has been so long since I had a puppy leash in my hands (other puppy raisers know that even one month seems like forever!) that it really took a minute to grasp everything.
Of course he piddled in his kennel so he was a bit damp but I took a picture with him anyway (my shirt did not thank me)

He looks really big in this picture but its an illusion :)


I believe I left Kansas City at 7:30 and then the drive continues.....
Romeo did EXCELLENT! No accidents, no noises, not even a slight whimper! Ava did very good as well. we were even able to stay on her schedule a little bit, which helped her out a lot.
I remember Kansas took forever to get through! I go all the way across Kansas and boy, is it boring! Sorry to people who live in the desolate part of the state. Even though I live in Arizona, I am up in the mountains, not in the desert. I need green!  I didnt get a motel but slept in the car. I may have gotten a total of 3 hours, not sure, but it didnt seem to help at all. I remember I got going at about 5 a.m. and pulled over an hour later, trying to get some more shut-eye. I just couldnt keep my eyes open. Got about 45 min. and then started up again. Sure enough, at about another hour of driving I had to pull over. 45 more min. and I started to feel human. The rest are I pulled over in, had another car with AZ plates sleeping. Funny little coincidence.
  Not sure what town it was, I'm thinking Liberal KS; I stopped to take Ava in to be changed and I a potty break. A lady came out and immediately went off about this guy that was watching me and looking at me from afar. She told me to get a good look at his car and plates, as he was driving off, and to just be on high alert. I just must have been too tired to notice. I thanked her and we chatted for a minute. She was headed to California and we were discussing half-way points and drive times.

OK and TX are quick since I only go through the panhandle and the corner of TX. NM is a square state so that took a short amount of time. I did stop at a gas station and get 2, 5 hour energys. Believe me, they work! I was alert all the way home!

I pulled in our driveway at 10p.m. on Wednesday. Ava was still awake so I gave her a bath to relax her and put her down.  I took out necessities, pottied Romeo, took a shower and headed to bed.

All day Thursday I was still exhausted. Ava and I just sat around and did minimal things. It honestly took me about 3 days to fully recuperate.


I want to state one thing: That dog is the most mellow Lab puppy I have ever seen. He could care less about food, he likes to quietly lay down and chew on toys, and he senses that Tara does not like puppies. He is so gentle around her and knows to leave her alone. NEVER have I seen any of the puppies do that! They pounce, run into her, chew on her and then she lets them have it. Sometimes a bit too much, but I am always watching her and the puppy. I still do not leave Tara and Romeo unattended. He still is young and Tara is getting older. When I go upstairs, a gate separates the two or she goes in a crate.
Hermes will let Romeo jump on him and even chew on him, but then lets him know when it's enough. JD plays with him a little and then does the same thing, let's him know that enough is enough.

He is so Gentle with Ava. He doesnt get too close but when he does, he has a little air lick. He gently licked her hand one time, but that was it. If I'm really watching, he wont touch her toys. If he does, I correct him and then trade her toy for his. I think he's catching on.

I believe I am caught up! You feel your age coming on, don't you? :) It wasn't that long....was it?



Unknown said...

So cute!!

Hannah said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Romeo is absolutely adorable! Good luck, and I cannot wait to read more about him!