Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Bridge

Today was my twin niece's birthday party which is up in Minneapolis,(only an hour and a half drive from where I live) So after we went to the party we thought we would go to the bridge collapse sight. We could not get very close to the site, because as most of you know, they are stilling finding and identifying bodies.

As it turned out, my sister-in-law's friend had gone over the bridge 10 minutes before and my brother's friend had gone over it just 5 minutes before it collapsed. How scary knowing that the bridge that you commute over every day, just collapsed. My prayers are with the family and friends of the deceased and injured.


Like I said, we couldn't get very close, but you can see all the rubble behind this first bridge.

Here you can see the cars still sitting on the bridge. The crane truck is by where the school bus and semi truck is.

1 comment:

Kimberly and Rufus said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by the bridge collapse in Minneapolis. This really shook a lot of blind people, since ACB's national convention was in downtown Minneapolis back in early July. I'm glad your family members are safe.