Saturday, September 08, 2007

No Food Yet, But We Have Lights!

As you guessed by the title, we have yet to receive the dog food. I hope it comes soon, because Cobra's current food is fast approaching empty. I guess I could always buy some at the store, but I don't really want to unless I have to. So, I am patiently waiting for the UPS to arrive at my door.
On other news, Cobra has this silly little addiction to flash lights. Not the flash light itself, but the light. If he sees that light he will chase it like a madman. I need to video tape it in order for everyone to know what I mean. It is sooo funny! At first, I thought it was harmless, but I got to thinking that maybe it could seriously distract him in his future line of work. I then taught him to leave it when the light is furiously going on around him and after a couple minutes of that, he can go and play with the light, so now I feel better. If he does come across that situation, He can be told "leave it" and he will without being distracted by it.

4 comments:

Kimberly and Rufus said...

Rufus does the same thing with those little laser lights. He'll watch where the beam goes, very closely, then pounce on it. When he's working, though, he ignores them, like at concerts and stuff.

Hope Cobra's new food comes soon. It's great that KSDS provides it for you.

Lisa and pups said...

Ooooh, that sounds like a great training excercise! That's good that you taught him leave it to that and then let him play for it! Wish I was that clever! :)

Kasey and Blitz said...

At GDA we're actually not supposed to play with those, and I saw the effect with a dog whose puppy raisers let her. We were at a convention and the whole time there people were flashing those laser lights, and she was a REAL pain to have there.

Sarah and Romeo said...

Yah that's what I thought so I trained him not to be distracted with the leave it command. He won't touch it when I say that, and he won't even look at them when he is in cape.