Sunday, February 17, 2008

Daytona 500

Boy what an exciting race! although Dale jarrett didn't get too far, he had an incredible race, accident free! The last 2 laps between Paul Newman and Tony Stewart was pretty exciting. A part of me was dissapointed that Stewart didn't win, because I wanted to see him get his hair cut in the victory lane (he grew out his hair and said if he won today, he would cut his hair in the victory lane)
I especially loved the UPS tribute commercial they had, thanking Jarrett for his 7 years that UPS was his sponser. He does retire after the next 5 races, so for me, the hunt is on for a new driver. I wonder who it will be? I had picked him as my driver when I was 6 and I've been with him ever since. He's such a great guy, caring more about the sport and NASCAR than winning, gotta love that.
Hope everyone had a safe and warm day today. Here we got another 4 inches of snow with a winter storm advisory in effect. The wind was blowing almost 40 mph so it was pretty ugly out.

2 comments:

Lisa and pups said...

I had to miss the finish because some dufus wanted to look at my condo in the snow and foul weather! :( *sniff*

Kimberly and Rufus said...

My mom's dog picked the race winner. I'm not kidding. With 50 laps to go, we went around the room for predictions of who would win. My stepdad asked who was in the top 10, and when we listed everyone, their dog barked after Ryan Newman's name, so that's who Dad went with, and then Ryan won. Too funny!

I'm kinda glad Tony didn't win, because his hair would have been butchered in Victory Lane. He does need a haircut bad though.