Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Iowa Trip Part 1

During the last part of January, I went to Iowa for a week. It was really nice to get back and visit family and friends. Just Vance and I went as Adam couldn't take a whole week off of work and funds were tight for two tickets.

We got there around 10 p.m. on a Wednesday night and my brother picked me up to make the two hour trek to my parents house. Now call me a cruel person but I had told everyone in my family I was coming except my Mom. She had no idea, so when we pulled in late, I went upstairs to wake her and the look on her face was priceless! I could tell that she wasn't sure if she was dreaming or if it was truly reality. She just couldn't believe I was there.

I hit the hay and the next morning, I just had to get Vance out in the snow. I could tell he was curious about it. The last time he saw snow he was 8 weeks old and then a few weeks later, we left for Arizona. He just didn't know what to do at first. He sniffed it, then started running around. It was a sight to see! Major zoomies as he blazed through walls of drifts. He was in heaven.

I could barely get him to stop and pose for me! I saw some props I wanted him to sit/stand beside for some portrait shots, but I didn't get very many. I made him sit still a few times, then just let him run. My parents have an 8 acre acreage, but I would never lose him. With the all white landscape, he stood out quite well.




After a good romp in the snow, we came inside to warm up by the fire. Again, more firsts as he has never been around an open flame fire. Let me tell ya, it didn't even phase him. All the crackles and pops and the heat didn't bother him in the least bit.



Even when I asked him for a down/stay right next to it he was fine. There is a protective screen in front of it to make sure sparks and whatnot doesn't come flying out onto the carpet.

I love this pic of him. So grown up yet still a pup. He has beautiful, big brown eyes and he sure uses them to his advantage :)

1 comment:

Kimberly and Abby said...

Vance sure is a handsome fella.