Thursday, September 13, 2012

Labor Day Pictures





 FINALLY!! A mini-vacation :)

On Labor day, We got up early and got ready for the 2+ hour drive to the Utah border. Lake Powell is in Arizona and Utah. It actually is quite a big section and Lake Powell is just a small part of it. Its very veiny
and there are many little nooks and crannies to drive your boat to or hike to.


We are so close! We can see it!


 We get there and head to Wal-Mart fast to see if they have some sort of floaty for me. I was going to just kind of wade and swim minimally, but I am so glad I got something! Turns out swimming worked too many stomach muscles and I was cramping up so I was content to float around :)

Bridge right next to the Powell Damn
 The Damn and the bridge next to it were impressive! So amazing to see that kind of construction up close.

Very impressive construction. The water on the other side was almost non-existent!
 They had tours of the damn, where you could walk out on it, get the history, etc... but we wanted this to be a cheap trip so opted out.
 Now the fun begins...finding our own private swimming cove. They actually had quite a few where you hike down and you have a private beach to yourself, but the one that I really wanted had people there already.


So we decided to see how busy the actual private swimming  beach was and to our surprise, there was only a handful of people there. Considering it was the middle of the day, hot and a holiday, I was super surprised!

We took advantage of this and set up our chairs and snacks and spent a good 5 hours at this spot, getting out occasionally to eat our lunch, drink water, and have snacks and a couple :)

One of the popular Marinas.
 There were so many pretty sights at this place. You could spend days here and not see everything.

Wahoo! Utah!


I have only driven through the lower part of Utah and it was almost dark so I really have never been to Utah to visit and even this didn't really count as I took a picture of the sign and a few miles up the road, we turned around. It still counts though, right? :)

All in all, it was a wonderful excursion for my husband and I. We got home exhausted and happy :)

No comments: