Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Just thinking

It's 7:30 here in bright, sunny, southern California and I'm up...yeah I know, crazy. Adam was getting ready for work and since the Corvette now is breaking on only one wheel, he took his bike to work, needless to say, I think he did a few too many Vrooms. He really missed riding it though lol!
Instead of coffee this morning, I chose a cup of chocolate milk to drink and got to thinking....

How would my life be now if I had never puppy raised? Would I have missed opportunities that came along with PIT raising? I am prone to think so. Would there be more freedom for me? Maybe, but it may not be the freedom I want. The friends I have met along the way wouldn't exist, the dogs I've seen mature and blossom, would never have even been a line in my book.
God hints and sometimes pushes us in a direction that seems unreal, or time consuming, sometimes downright scary! Yet once your on that path, headed in that direction, all seems right and carefree.

Looking at my dogs this morning, looking back at me, was a bit overwhelming as I traced how each one came into my life. Each one with their personality I sometimes can't stand yet not live without. Vance especially; He being my third PIT, having seen what my dogs can do and continue to do amazes even me.

From the whole picture, I am certain I made the right choice in puppy raising, continuing to do so, and bringing them into my pack.

Alright, enough philosophy for today, lol!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

So SO So True!!

Ruby's Raiser said...

Lovely and so well said!!! We two humans have had one vacation alone (for three days, celebrating 25 years together) in the almost 12 years that we've had Kiva, and we wouldn't have had it any other way! Where we go, they go; what we do, they do. Our lives have been so much richer for it!